Everyone has a different way of thinking about the term Automation. Let me share my idea of the term.
- Automation occurs when a technology solution was selected by a business person based on the readiness to meet various requirements.
- Implement the 3rd party solution-Requirements were already given and features exist in the solution.
- This automates a business process based on features used broadly across many industries.
- Few companies build software for only one customer.
- Automation MUST be when your information was derived at the right time to reduce opportunities for error;
- Do not allow me to select options that force me to restart at any point.
- You have fewer decisions and an adjacent possibility interaction versus hit and miss in every decision.
- Automation uses the rule supplied by a highly skilled resource, this enables connectivity across process functional stakeholders and technology must be designed for this purpose or lower quality solutions are being delivered.
- Automation of your process outputs supplies the operational information which to base “Run the Business Decisions”.
- Ideally to your quality metrics for customer quality as the basis for customer quality metrics.
- Your run the business operational information MUST be retained and recoverable to zero data loss to reduce your risk in resilience.
- By publishing the header of the CRM Opportunity Management records, you are automating the header detail across business process vertically in the workflow sequence.
- The electronic record name changes the information derived from the transaction entry at the customer conversation MUST not ever change or the risk will introduce conflicts for the customer expectations.
- This allows your sales and customer service levels agreed upon by supporting processes over the life of the electronic records and across functions we attain the requirement end to end.
- This aligns sales entries for relevance to the fact that this phase must be registered and used in quoting, ordering and commission crediting.
Value Internal Perspective and Quality to Measure your value case
- Prevent risk in order to align with your customers expectations.
- Better Cost or Margin in well planned supplier chain decisions
- Better logistics cost or options with slower or standard services
- Fewer duplicate entries
- Better Quality
- Better Visibility
- Better recovery and less opportunity for data loss.
- Most importantly your sales people will be in the field closing more deals for your customers.
When does your customer make their expectations known?
- Your sales relationship manager, held solution discussions with your customer.
Fact Based Decisions
The point in the process when your opportunity has changed to a forecast.
B-Your customer has a budget to purchase the solution.
A-Your sales presentation was held with the accountable business decision maker on board with your solution.
N-Your solution meets the business need.
T-Your Customer has described the timeline to deliver the solution or project end date.
This process used by many industries, would be the best way to align your organization to the customers expectations.
The conclusion would be that your customer and sales person have the source and if you acquire the information at this time, the next touch will be the order into your system. You can be re-active, you can find low quality in the CRM and Opportunity Management features caused by the timing between and number of customers a sales person interacts with before remembering to take the next step in your process. Some sales people are just focused on the customer conversations. Most have a few internal resources who actually enter the information into your applications.
Human Behavior Perspective
- The first defect would be any time between the conversation and the person having to remember after talking to many people.
- The next step in the transition from sales to a person entering information.
- The next being the way the sales person refers to the transaction isn’t going to be easy to recognize; therefore the person taking the information makes a decision to enter another transaction. Duplicate and Re-keying of information.
- The fact that this date of the second transaction can be the restart of the downstream support activities.
- The restart makes others feel sales isn’t being pro-active.
- The support resources may not have time to perform the task without higher cost or products may not meet the timeline. Solutions schedule 8-12 in advance.
Each of these activities are human behaviors with an opportunity to miss vital customer requirements. Automate these details to prompt pro-active inputs to the process supported by people through an effective use of your technology investments.
An approach that moves to a system in your operational or transactional life cycle for Priority 1 recoverable services with NO DATA LOSS.
A business process sequence would be the recovery test and build of any recovery time objective in order of restore based on restoral of the last process inputs.
The electronic records in this Priority 1 solution have fewer opportunities for error through a natural event driven architecture solution.
- Automation from a maturity and enrichment or append of the information in downstream vertical flows allows the recovery of services across the life of the customer transactions.
- Assign a retention schedule identifier in the metadata or catalog.
- Allows automation of Cloud or Archive based on the transaction date.
Without this approach you are struggling to purge and risk purge of vital information.
- Automation for Resilience and Quality in the Customer Expectation Setting Conversation (lisammar10.wordpress.com)