Adjustments or System Allocations
- When the identifier derives specifics of the item; you are not using your system relationships as designed.
- When the identifier derives the logic you force your suppliers to enter new product identifiers in their systems to create a purchase order with you.
- If the customer simply wants to renew the software they purchased from you the year before, they don’t understand the logic behind creating a new product identifier.
- The decision in your system; shouldn’t cause the customer to enter new items in their systems.
- Update the value in the item template to apply the new version value in reference to new transactions.
- When the transaction references the item in the form of an offer, you have the systemic application of cost to the appropriate revenue transaction.