How do master records an the outcomes of transactions “fact records” differ in terms of the companies performance?
An organization has a set of procedures that a person in a position of authority has been directed by corporate policies to perform using pre-defined procedures to execute.
- Certain inputs must be executed in a process activity based on pre-defined request criteria.
- The person isn’t authorized to create a record without a requestor.
- Once created by the authorized user, a transaction user must create a transaction record based on referencing the master record created by the authorized user.
Typically the master record isn’t going to be “on demand” capability.
- The three key impacts to your performance metrics in several directions “create, read or updates” to your master records.
- NEVER DELETE any of this vital information to your customer and supplier value streams. The master records MUST be the lifeblood *(connected to the Transaction Capabilities) to your reference information stored in each record as a “Fact Record”.
- A change in the master record, doesn’t update the transactions that referenced the information earlier than the change to the master record.
- See the 7 waste radar for examples of the way this might look in a “worst case scenario”
The management capabilities follows;
- Financial Management Capabilities
- Party Management Capabilities
- Offer Management Capabilities
An on demand request would be an exception in the transaction capabilities.
Each of these capability categories make up the basis for your performance measurement systems.
Each directly impacts quality and your organizations bottom line.
Accuracy on your organizations ability to provide complete and valid transactions.
The transaction capabilities include the following;
- An expense transaction capability
- A revenue transaction capability
This is where we get really confused, the requestor wants to update a master record, because someone in the workstream sees the master and isn’t allowing the transaction to flow through the system.
What could be causing this situation?
- The person made adjustments outside the system
- The person looking at a different view isn’t recognizing the difference between the transaction at the time of the record being created
- Grandfather rules should apply
- People must understand the difference between reference captured in a record
The only update or create “a requestor” would have the authority to do perform would be to publish a request to the authorized user workstream.
- Validation must be performed to meet the key control requirements in the 404 assurance performed by the CEO on each reporting period.
- How to manage the performance of 1000+ JVMs (dynatrace.com)